Monday, March 24, 2003

Thank Allah that James Gandolfini and HBO have settled their differences. I was prepared to disembowel the actor if he continued to refuse to go back to work. I simply must have my weekly Sopranos fix if I am to go on....
Gandolfini has certainly "grown" into the role, if you know what I mean. The man has gained some serious tonnage over the last four seasons. He claims to be in WASTE management, but he really should be in WAIST management. I would have needed a heavy duty sword for his disembowelment.
I love the Sopranos. I TiVo it every week, even when it's in reruns. In fact, I have tried to model my management style after Tony Soprano.
Granted, there are some subtle differences; for example, he relies on a a quick bullet to the back of the head to enforce his personnel decisions whereas I prefer a slow torturous death, achieved incrementally through the removal of non-essential internal organs one by one. And while the FBI is after both us, I also have the CIA, Interpol, Pakistani security forces, and the combined weight of the entire United States of Satan military on my tail. That's a subtle difference, but I'm quite proud of it.
But aside from that, we both prefer a no-nonsense approach in our dealings with others, and never take "No" for an answer.