Thursday, January 29, 2004

Saddam would have had a field day with this article in the infidel magazine Atlantic Monthly (summary of article). It's an extensive exploration of what went wrong in Iraq, and the bottom line is that many people predicted the problems that the United States of Satan has had since the fall of Baghdad, and that extensive planning went into the postwar occupation of the country.

So what went wrong then? Well, no, it wasn't a failure of intelligence, but rather a failure of leadership. Basically, anything that didn't fit Bush's preconceived ideas about the war and its aftermath was flat-out ignored.

What concerns me now is that if Kerry wins in November, I may not be any better off next year than I am now. You know how those damn war heroes are. That's why I will continue to proudly display a Howard Dean bumpersticker on my camel's ass.